
Since I only had 4 hours of sleep Monday night I was in and out of slumber when Obama was announced as President last night. I tried so hard to stay awake for this glorious victory but couldn't fight the sleepiness. When I woke this AM and turned on the Today show I became overcome by a sense of pride and happiness to be an American that I'm not sure I have ever felt before. I'm not super into politics and definitely stay away from discussions on political matters or elections with others, however I have hope that this new President will change my negative views of the political system and bring the change that this country needs.
In my Community Bible Study group we are studying Genesis. The book of Genesis tells us how God covered the earth with water and the only human survivors were Moses, his wife, and 3 sons. As the water receded the 3 sons were appointed to re-populate the Earth, and this they did. I tell this story because no matter the color of our skin we are all of the same heritage and I feel that it is a blessing that America has finally spoken to this. God Bless America and our new leader.
No comments:
Post a Comment