Buxton has truly been enjoying his new mobility these days and his "upright" independence. He's not one to want to cuddle or be held as much right now, but watching the joy he gets by walking from place to place is enough for us. We love that he can walk now and I feel like life has gotten a little easier now that I don't have to carry him as much. His 30" and 24lb self is a lot to carry you know!
It's also been really funny to watch how he is making choices now, mostly over food or which toy to drag around, but I'm always amused by what choice he makes. The food part is crazy to me because he will have a bunch of different foods all mixed up on his tray and be able to decipher exactly which little pieces he wants to eat and never pick up those he doesn't. We just tried the Goldfish S'mores mix and he eats all the little white marshmallow fish first (can't blame him), then the graham, then the chocolate. He also takes after his Daddy and is a carnivore. I'm happy for him to be eating protein, especially since he's only getting formula in the AM now, but 5 nights a week he and I eat together and I'd rather have a veggie dinner without meat. Thank goodness for organic chicken nuggets and Applegatefarms beef hot dogs.
On another note I've been pleasantly surprised by the affect that the Chronological Bible blog study has had on me. I finally feel like I am getting educated on the Bible like I've needed to be for so long and am so thankful for Melissa and what a great teacher she is. I'm not saying that it's not challenging...some nights the readings are so hard that I have to try again another time. And I would be nowhere without Melissa's explanations. But the surprising part has been that it's left me with a thirst for even more, and thats a good feeling. This is how God works in our lives...drawing us closer to Him. I've mostly only experienced that closeness when following through with outreach that He called me to, but am so thankful to get that closeness in other ways now that I don't have the freedom to volunteer any time I want. One of the daily Lent devotions that Lindsay sent me said that reading His word feeds our faith. I don't know about you but when my faith is fed I feel like I'm floating on clouds. And it is truly divine.
3 comments:
Oh wow!!! Look at your sweet little buddy! He is such a big boy now!
that little guy is delightful. love to see God drawing you nearer. i totally agree...learning a lot and being fed...what a treat. so thankful for you
what a big boy and such a cutie!!! Beckett does the same thing with food, sometimes I try to trick him but he never falls for it :)
Post a Comment