Friday, June 25, 2010

17 years and counting...

WC girls..holla holla!
Julie, Kristin, Amy, baby Charis, Sallie, Jessamy, Mary Katherine, Lindsay

Once a month I am graced by the company of all of these women over a dinner that feeds our souls more than our bellies. I went to high school with all of them and feel so blessed to still have them all in my life. Each of these women is special and unique in ways I can't put into words and they teach me so much about being a woman, a Christian, a mother and a friend. Since some of these friendships go back to elementary and middle school, if you add all the years together that I've known these 6 women it's like 120. OK now I feel old. The awesome day we were supposed to spend by my pool today was changed due to Buxton coming down with a stomach bug. So instead we met for lunch and had a grand ol time, except for Lindsay not being there due to Henry getting sick too. Us girls have a lot in common, like broken, crazy families, parents that have faced illness, young children, wonderful husbands, etc. But Amy is the first of us to face cancer. Breast cancer stage 3, to be specific. This diagnosis hit us all, and SO many others that know and love Amy, like a ton of bricks. Literally a ton of bricks could have hit each of us and it would have felt better than this news. In all the horribleness that is associated with Amy's cancer, I've seen so much beauty and glimpses of God's work and plan for Amy. Most people that know Amy would tell you how funny she is in a second. Now, everyone that knows Amy will tell you how strong her will is and how her faith is even stronger. Amy is ready for God to use her as He intends. The awesomeness of this is indescribable and is what has put my sadness and fears at bay so that I can man up, give it to God, and play that part God intends me to play in this sweet friend's life.
Amy is very good at telling us how we can be praying for her. This site is where she communicates all the good, bad and ugly to the masses of friends and family that know and love her. I do wish this were all a bad dream, but since this is life, I am so thankful to have this group of girls to face, experience, and come together with in this life.

4 comments:

amy p said...

this is so sweet. what amazing memories and stories we'll get to tell one day. love you

Lindsay Boner said...

kris your words are so perfect. i love each and every one of them. and i am so sad that i missed lunch. let's pour out all our love & prayers to miss amy!

Unknown said...

Kris... you said it all perfectly! Of course :)

Jessamy said...

Bring on the waterworks! So heartfelt and eloquently put, Kris. I love you all so much!