Friday, July 9, 2010

a full, full weekend


Buxton's best bud, Wynnie, turned 2 on June 30th. I can't believe she is already 2. I remember her being born like it was yesterday and have truly loved every second of being with this sweet girl in the last 2 years. On Friday we went to the Webster's to celebrate Wynnie.

The homemade cupcakes were fabulous,
and all the kids had such a good time with each other.
Saturday morning Buxton and I headed to the mountains with Carla, Ed and Grace. Our first stop was the Blowing Rock parade.
My Mom was in the parade, on her horse, Secret!
Ben drove up after work on Saturday and joined us for a really yummy dinner of ribs and mac n cheese. On Sunday morning we went to Grandfather to see the animals and walk the swinging bridge.

We also went to the Hound Ears pool twice.
And decorated the golf cart for the picnic on on the golf course.


Hound Ears has a duck race every year for the 4th, but we NEVER even come close to winning.
We had 12 ducks in the race this year (out of 500) and out of 10 heats we didn't get a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. Booo.
My beautiful niece, Grace.


On Monday Ben played golf while Carla, Ed, Buxton, Grace and I went to Hebron Rock Colony to hike and play in the water. Ed carried Buxton in our pack and Grace was quite the little climber/hiker. Buxton LOVED playing in the stream and throwing rocks in the water.
I don't have pics from Hebron cause getting my pregnant self down the trail and up the rocks was about all I could handle.
The grand finale to this wonderful weekend was the birth of Cooper Charles Gosline. Carla got a call from the birth Mom that she was headed to the hospital as they were driving down the mtn on Monday afternoon. They arrived in plenty of time to see the birth of their new son. He was almost 3 weeks early so that was as big of a surprise as finding out that he was a boy.

I drove straight to the hospital on my way home Tuesday to meet this sweet boy. He was 7 lbs, 19 inches with a full head of beautiful brown hair. Seriously his hair color is to die for. I love him so much already!

1 comment:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

What wonderful news about the new baby boy! Congratulations. I am so impressed with you all you did little preggy. I can't believe Wynnie is 2 already! I feel like you just had pictures of her 1st birthday up. These days are just flying by. I am a little jealous of your mom still horseback riding. I have really been missing it a lot lately!