This was the 2nd year that we spent MLK weekend in Hound Ears with Mom, Bill, and the Webster's. As always, we had a great time and the kids thoroughly enjoyed each other. As a bonus, Jessamy and her man, Brett, joined us.
Mom and Bill won't be in this house much longer since they bought a new house in Blowing Rock. This is bittersweet because I grew up in this house, being that my grandparents built it. It has been in my family since I was little. Now we are starting fresh, which always has it's ups and downs. But ultimately it's about the people you are with, not the place, so I feel certain the ups will outweigh the downs.
Check out the beautiful view of Grandfather from the house my grandparents built:
PS Jess took this pic!
Here are some pics from sledding at Hound Ears, on a hill that used to be a ski slope with a full service lift and all. It's where I learned to ski at 5 years old. We had a great time sledding there.
Pretty Wynnie
Back at the house Elin got some QT with Jess:
And Wynnie spent as much time with Elin as she possibly could. She LOVES Elin. I know that when Elin gets a little older she will reciprocate this love two-fold.
Ben built a snow tunnel in the driveway. Buxton thought it was pretty cool!
Mimi "Nene" as Buxton calls her and Bill...Buxton loves them!!
Family pic time:
Elin was sleeping:
And lastly here are some pics of Elin in her nursery with, btw, her 1st ear infection. I don't even have her in daycare yet and she's already on antibiotics. Please God don't let her have her brothers ears and need tubes!
I had to rearrange her room a bit cause I got my most favorite rocking chair in the whole world while we were in the mtns, and it needed more space than the chair I had in there originally.
This is a very special train that Mom got in Sundance after Christmas. Buxton has the same one of his name.
Here is the chair. It was my Grandma's. It is gorgeous. I love it.
Rocking my baby girl in my Grandma's chair is a very special and priceless gift.
1 comment:
Oh my goodness, that chair is so gorgeous!! Looks like a wonderful weekend! Hope to see you guys soon!
Post a Comment