A fresh outlook.


A clean start.


A new year is exciting for me because it fills me with optimism. I appreciate the feeling of "a clean slate" that allows me to learn from all that the previous year taught me. It allows for a renewed focus on family and faith, which is where my priorities are, and encourages me to find new and better ways to fulfill those priorities with an intention that is hopefully deeper than the year before.
Although our year started with 2 stomach bugs and a never ending bad cold, I can't say that we didn't find some beauty in our down time. Lots of hugs and time together is almost always worth cleaning vomit and blowing noses 20 times in the middle of the night.
Amazingly enough Elin learned how to blow her nose by watching Buxton blow his over, and over, and over, and over. Pretty good skill for a 15 month old!
Another skill she is using a lot is climbing. She will climb anything.
This old rocking chair of mine from when I was little has been moved upstairs after a couple falls backwards. She should have learned the first time!...or maybe I should have.



4 comments:
thanks for the LEO shout out! we can't wait for you to meet him as well! that picture just above his birth announcement of Elin is beautiful!
Kris, Elin looks just like you!!!!! (minus the hair color) I can't believe what a little girl she is now! Gosh, she is stunning!!
GORGEOUS kids....GORGEOUS.
I have been so out of the blog world since having Emmeline. Ok, those last pictures are amazing!! Your kiddos are beautiful!!
Post a Comment