I woke up Friday morning with a burning desire to be in the mountains, where it's cooler and close to nature. Lucky for me my Mom was up there finishing her 2nd week at the Blowing Rock Horse Show. So I got to see her ride and also enjoy the awesome weather. I have been so blessed that my parents have had a house in the mountains since I left App State. It is only now that I truly long to be in the mountains more than ever...but this may be because the days at a free house are numbered. My parents are selling their mountain house -big bummer.
Tanner spent a couple hours at the show with me and loved it.
This is my Mom...jumping 3 ft on her horse, Secret! How amazing is that!

3 comments:
kritin i did not know that your mom rides horses. was she doing hunter or jumper. i was doing jumpers when my career somewhat ended. your mom is inspiration to me that i can get back into it again one day! i have been wanting to go to a horseshow so bad too! what a great weekend.
hi there! yes my mom was riding doing hunter/jumper right up until i was born then picked it up again when i was in jr. high and i was riding at that point too. i gave it up when i got to high school but still love a good trail ride! i think my mom does hunter and jumper now. her horse is in blowing rock for the BR stables. she would let you ride her if you wanted! when did you stop riding? you need to start back until it's time for baby #2!
i want to ride so badly. my horse died while i was showing jumpers in high school. i tried to keep riding but it is hard without a horse :). i still ride some and i was riding this ladies horse for her before i got pregnant but have only ridden a couple of times since having BellaRose. I will get back into it one day and I want to show so badly.
Post a Comment