On Saturday night God wrapped his arms around our sweet 13 year old Sheltie, Rita, and took her to Heaven. We kind of knew this was coming but Rita still had a very good quality of life up until her last breath. Most likely it was heart failure and she didn't suffer, but went peacefully. This dog has been with Ben for at least 13 years (we aren't 100% sure of her age). She spent 6 years by his side at 7 Doors Down everyday while he worked, lived in numerous houses, accepted a lot of different brother and sister pets into her life, and has remained one of the few constants in Ben's life since his early 20's. So Ben is in a way letting go of his past which is very bittersweet. I think God's purpose in taking Rita now was to remove some of the choas in our house due to all the pets and what we may have had in store for us with her decline in health. And God will be giving us a miracle very soon as I am sure Buxton will be here any day (or minute) now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i am so sorry to hear about rita.i know how it feels to lose a pet after such a long time.i know that god had a plan for her, i just wish that she had had the chance to meet buxton before she pass away. i am glad that she did not have to suffer any pain.thinking of you. love you both.
I am so sorry about Rita. That is just SO sad, but I really appreciate your perspective on her passing. I can't wait to hear the news of Buxton's arrival!!!! Don't forget to take your laptop when you go into labor :)
so sad to hear about rita. but, in light of what is coming...there is much joy!
Post a Comment