Thursday, February 12, 2009

Updates all around

Summary of yesterday:
  • I was at the hospital from 9:45am-7:30pm for Mom's mastectomy and reconstruction
  • She did extremely well!
  • All 5 lymph nodes they removed were negative for cancer
  • She is coming home today
  • Many people asked me if I needed a wheel chair or needed to be directed to the birthing unit
  • I had more contractions...but just Braxton Hicks
  • God's grace was revealed by the wonderful outcome of the surgery, how well Mom did, and the fact that I made it the whole day and could still clean the kitchen when I got home
Now for today:
  • I am officially 39 weeks pregnant
  • Buxton is more active than ever and yes this is painful
  • Tomorrow the Dr. will check my dilation and see if there is any progress
Thats all for now!

4 comments:

carolyn said...

I was sorry to her about your mom, but I am glad to her that everything went well. Just let her know that she is in our prayers and thoughts.

The Colorado Carrs said...

39 weeks already!!!!! Wow I cant wait to see that little fella.

And hip hip hooray for your mama. God is Good.

Sunday Grant Photography said...

Oh my goodness I can't believe how soon he will be here! I am also so thankful that your mom's surgery went well. What good reports all around. Please keep us posted on any new news!!!!!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

just checking in! i had a crazy dream with you and ben. we were visiting your house and you had a huge indoor pool in your guest-room. so weird! i hope you are feeling okay. we can't wait to hear the news!