Monday, June 14, 2010

It's the time of year for long blog posts...

...and I think that's beacause there are so many pretty things to photograph. Oh and I have a 1 year old.

15 months is a really fun time because toddlers start doing all kinds of new and fun things. A new found independence is part of Buxton's world now and it's quite entertaining.
He's learning how to use utensils to eat with. At restaurants he has to have a fork like everyone else. At home I let him practice with cereal and yogurt. This is always best to do when he's stripped down to a diaper. More yogurt ends up on his chest and in his lap than in his tummy but it's not about the clean-up.


I had to get a picture of this new "frog suit" that I got for $10 from Hautelook I think, or maybe MiniSocial. Jennifer tried to buy this for Buxton too (cause she is soooo sweet and thoughtful) but it was sold-out...luckily I scored it just in time. We think way too alike so often.
Buxton got an etch-a-sketch this weekend and loves it. He especially loves being on the screen porch while playing cause he's all about the outdoors lately. Thank goodness there is a ceiling fan on the porch or else I could melt out there in this heat.
Zion loves the porch too. He's quite a happy dog now that he's ruling the roost solo. I totally didn't expect it but sometimes he acts like a puppy again, running around and all...and he's 11!
On Sunday we headed out to the White Water Center for a hike. The plan was to get there early enough to beat the heat, but Ben had a long day Sat. at work (like 12+ hours) cause they are installing a new air conditioner unit for the restaurant, so it was already 90+ when we started the hike. Somehow we ended up on a trail for 3.5 miles and 1.5 hours. It was an easy and really beautiful trail with lots of lake views, but I'm having a baby in less than 4 months and have no idea how I didn't have a heat stroke. The boys had a good time. We got a pack by Deuter and love it. I can say that b/c I don't have to carry the 28 lb. baby on my back.
These are all black berries that are very close to becoming ripe, and they are in our front yard. I'm going to attempt to make something really yummy with them but am also counting on Ben's Mom to hook us up with some of her famous jelly or pies, or both!

Cone flowers:
Brazilian Verbena:
The Hydrangeas on the left side of the house:
Hydrangea by front door:
And last, a 23 week belly shot.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Look at your cute toned little belly! Love it. And those hydrangea's.....sigh, my favorite. We dont have those here!

Margaret said...

you look gorgeous!! And Buxton's hair is so so CUTE! I love him!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

You do look beautiful!! We were looking into one of those packs too. So you really do like it? Buxton is so
darn cute. Love all your flowers.

Courtney said...

Buxton is looking so big. He is beautiful. And your yard is amazing. I have an easy cobler recipe that is delicious with blackberries. So great to see you last week, you look great!