this amazing weather we have been having has done a lot to boost my spirits and we have all enjoyed some much needed fresh air. it didn't take me long to figure out that the used double umbrella type stroller I had bought wasn't going to cut it for these 2. so i found a very reasonably priced jogging type that we have loved so far. and so far it kicks my single Bob's you know what and was much less.
elin started eating cereal and has done really well with it. i've added a little banana and avocado and she liked both!
she's also sitting up well enough to play in the exersaucer:
these best buds got some outdoor time together and wynnie got some practice loving on elin before her new lil sis arrives.
kisses for elin:
kisses for wynnie...oh my!
are you kidding me with this cuteness.
wynnie has had these red lips since the day she was born. what a beauty.
and this little beauty got to try out her new swing, which is still a little advanced, but at the rate she is growing it will be just right for spring.
life for ben and i still seems extremely busy but we have been thankful for the increase in business at the fish camp. all of his hard work is paying off! every second of each day is pretty much overtaken by something involving work, the kids or house work (seriously how does the laundry pile get a mile high so quickly?!?), and the lack of down time very often feels suffocating. or maybe it's the never ending "to do list" that will become unbearable if you slack off on it that makes the weight of "life" so heavy. but as i said to a dear friend last week and heard loud and clear from the preacher at church today, it's the little things that get us through the hard times. elin's laugh and buxton counting, spelling his name, and saying "i love you mama" are just some of the little things in my world that make it such a beautiful place. my husband's patience with me (when i am stressed and not very nice/mean), friends that text or email me encouragement and understand when i don't have time to write back, and family that helps so much with our kids, are some of the bigger things. and setting the intention to focus on the positive is what makes all the difference (someone please say this to me in 2 days). :)
3 comments:
your so funny about the stroller. I did the smae thing. Thought I didnt really need a big double "jogger". I didnt have a bob before but a farily nice single and researched a cheaper double and it totally blew my single away!! love it!!!
I would also like to recommend a book I just read. The minisrty of Motherhood" by Sally Clarkson. Its so lovely and such a reminder of why we are Mom's.....
You know if you have time. This is one of the first books I have read since Wyatt was born! haha
I am so thankful that you posted that last lit bit. I can TOTALLY relate to all of what you said. Life is so busy and my mind is always on a million different things, and seriously what is the deal with the laundry??? I always wonder how people have more then 2 kids. They must have way more patience then me. I was feeling discouraged this morning, and I went to drop BellaRose off at school and the sweetest old man greets us every morning there. His heart got warm looking at my crazy kids. That totally blessed me seeing how my kids bless others. Your children are gorgeous!
I totally agree about the little things. Sometimes that sweet little Beckett voice saying "Hi mama" snaps me out of it. The laundry is outta control here and I only have 1!!! Yikes! You are doing a great job Kristin!! And these pictures are so so beautiful!
Post a Comment